Hello. We are a team of creatives seeking a great Creative Project Manager who will slay the organizational dragon—helping us stay on mission, on deadline, and out of the weeds so we can make awesome stuff that changes the way people cook. Is it you we’re looking for? Read on to find out.
The content makers at ChefSteps, a well-funded, ambitious culinary startup in Pike Place Market. We’re working to help people become better cooks—and have more fun cooking— through high-quality content that’s smart, fun, helpful, and gorgeous. Our James Beard Award- winning team includes chefs, writers, photographers, shooters, and editors. We make a lot of stuff—from cooking videos to Facebook ads, mini docs to fresh tuna poke. We’re gearing up to execute on a variety of creative projects in the coming months and need you to manage the production process so that we can stay focused on making the best possible content.
An experienced PM who’s wrangled creatives at an ad agency, tech company, production house, or other relevant situation. You love to create order from chaos and are a versatile, focused communicator. Have we mentioned you need to be super organized? You do.
- Work with team members to develop clear and realistic production schedules
- Maintain production calendars and schedules
- Work with each member of the team to establish and maintain deadlines
- Communicate deliverable expectations among team members and other relevant parties, and regularly check in to make sure production is on track
- Serve as a liaison to other teams (such as hardware, software, and marketing) and communicate production progress and other important information
- Attend production meetings, brainstorms, and standups to ensure projects adhere to creative briefs and established sales and marketing goals
- Lead production and other scheduling meetings
- Publish content to YouTube, the ChefSteps site, and other relevant channels
- Identify communication gaps and other glitches and quickly develop proactive measures to improve the production process
- Support team members by solving production issues such as uploading video, imputing information in software tools and content management systems, and other such tasks
- At least 3 years of proven success managing projects at an ad agency, tech company, production house, or other relevant situation
- Knack for jumping into complex environments and quickly assessing how best to work effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage schedules and editorial calendars
- Extraordinary communication skills and ability to collaborate with people from diverse professional backgrounds
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup or demanding corporate environment
- A combination of flexibility and backbone—you excel at collaboration but stand your ground when necessary
- A natural curiosity and keen interest in culinary and tech innovation
- Knowledge of web video formats, codecs, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Background in the hospitality industry
Founded in 2012, ChefSteps is a Seattle-based food and technology company on a mission to help people cook smarter. We seek to inspire creativity and encourage experimentation through high-quality interactive content, techniques, tools, and resources. To learn more, head to chefsteps.com/about.